Monday 21 April 2014

The Red Paint Faction

Reaching is meaningless without grasping. That is, reaching is meaningless without grasping if the end justifies the means. Reaching is a means to an end - the purpose of reaching is to grasp. Reaching is meaningless without grasping if you believe that the end justifies the means. Does belief justify the end or the means? It doesn't matter what we believe - no, you're mistaken! Why does it matter what we believe? Without belief there would be no action. It's not even that you have to believe that your actions have positive or negative consequences, or that your actions are positive or negative in and of themselves, or that your actions even exist. You simply have to believe that you exist. Existence precedes essence? I'm sure that these ideas draw outside the lines of existentialism though. There's action in every moment but we never even see it! Why surrender so soon? I'm staying as far away as I can from that white flag, thank you very much. Maybe I'll even use the colors that I drew outside the existential lines with and drench the flag in paint? How does red paint sound? Red is furious, red is glamorous, red is profound, red is enduring, red is real. There's my commercial, I can see it in the cinemas! "You're not doing anything. They're not doing anything. I'm not doing anything." Now what's that supposed to mean? Why are we giving up so quickly? Can't you see the hourglass? Can't you see my beautiful red flag? I doused it in paint, all for you! There's still time - well, only God knows. If anyone is not doing anything, it's either the unconscious or the dead. And I'm not even convinced that the unconscious or the dead are inactive; I think quite the opposite in actuality. I mean, I'm talking about them right now, so both have some form of essence. That must indicate that they're doing something? They're existing in my consciousness, they're existing in my world. Their essence is among my perception. It doesn't even matter if they're unaware of their existence or lack of existence, they still exist to somebody. That being said, my mentioning of the unconscious and the dead is very abstract since I am writing in very general terms. When I mention the unconscious and the dead I am not mentioning anyone specific. I guess after all is said and done, you don't even need to believe that you exist, you just need to exist. But why does the importance of actions rely on something as boring as existence? Every person who has ever lived exists! It baffles me how any of us can be genuine, if that truly is within our reach to begin with. I wonder, did God create everybody in the beginning? Maybe every person who has yet to live is already living - already living within the imagination of God. Maybe God has a storage room full of souls? Perhaps every soul that has yet to exist is already existing, though not existing in this world at the present moment. We're all just scattered among the earth. And I guess we don't truly know the place in which we came from?

No comments:

Post a Comment