Monday 16 December 2013

Spin Glass

1 John 3:2-3
Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

Though his children are not who they ought to be, God still welcomes them with open arms. Not to say that his children are not figuring out who they ought to be, but they have not reached the absolute point. They cannot reach the absolute point because the earth is not absolute - the world is dying. Heaven, the true home of God, is where the children will reach the absolute point because Heaven is absolute. But is Heaven the objective? Well, it is God's home, I think? Heaven is eternal fellowship with God. That seems like it would be something worth striving toward, does it not? It sickens me when I hear questions like "would you still love Jesus if you did not get to go to Heaven?" I understand what the question is saying - do not "worship" God for the sake of wanting to obtain something out of your own selfish desires. I do not think that the question is bad all around, but I sense some fallacies within it. If you are going to take Heaven out of the equation, then you must be willing to make other cancellations. Did Jesus not die so that people could have eternal fellowship with God (Heaven), and avoid eternal separation from God (Hell) (Matthew 25:46)? I do not want to assume that these are the only reasons why he would die on the cross, but I sure think that these are some of the reasons (Romans 6:23). If Heaven is going to be taken out of the equation, then what exactly would be the purpose of Jesus' life on earth? Where would God exist if Heaven did not exist?

Now, getting back to the question "is Heaven the objective?" As disappointing as it may be, I do not have an answer to share. I can only provide what I have already provided: the aforementioned observations. I did not expect to come to a conclusion. Moving on ...

I have been wrestling with the fact that I do not completely trust anybody's interpretation of God. I have not seen God just as he is ... and nobody else has either. And now it makes sense - my problem - because I do not know the Solution in its completeness. God, I have not felt so mirthful about my lack of knowledge in quite awhile! All it takes is the hope to purify us. Pure ... and pure ... and .... PURE. Now is not the time for absolute truth though, because we live under limited restraints such as ... well, time. It will come though. And that is not my promise to you, but that is God's promise to us.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.

***I have yet to see a verse in the Bible that actually says that Heaven is God's home. That is more of a personal viewpoint than anything else, or rather, a finite piece of the imagination. Please correct me if I am wrong - I very well could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment